The Promise Synopsis
Copyright ©2013 Kate Benson
Devastated by circumstances beyond her control, Sophie Ryan’s life rips her from the arms of her first love, Jack. With only memories of their lost love, she’s forced to start over in a new town; surviving on her own for the first time since he left. Trying to begin her new life, fate decides a different direction for her, causing her to make a choice she never thought she’d have to.
Unsure of commitment after his failed engagement, Chase Mitchell finds himself stuck on a path of failed conquests and late nights at the bar. That is until he finds a pair of mesmerizing green eyes sitting in his usual spot. Something about this quiet girl forces him to question everything he has ever thought about love.
As Sophie looks down at the fork that’s presented in her path, will she choose the right direction? Will she be able to move towards the arms of the man who stands in front of her? Or will she choose to keep her promise to the one life forced her to leave behind?
I grew up in Texas and moved to Florida when I met the love of my life 13 years ago. I wrote my first poem when I was five and it was about my love affair with pickles. I still love pickles but I like to think my writing has grown since then. I absolutely adore anything to do with books whether it's writing them or devouring them in one sitting. I live on music, love, and sweet tea. I am known for my silly but blunt personality. I've been lucky enough to find the love of my life, marry him and now we're working on our happily ever after. He inspires me in everything I do, but especially in telling love stories. I'm an ordinary girl living an extraordinary love and I'm so happy I get to share it with the world through my writing. I can't wait for you to read my debut novel, The Promise!
Social Media Links:
10 Things You Don’t Know About Kate Benson
1) I am a lover of all things vampire. Shiny, decaying, gross, hot. I don’t care. I love them all. Yes, Edward Cullen is my favorite. Yes, I know he glitters in the sun. Yes, I love him anyway.
2) My two favorite books are The Color Purple by Alice Walker and The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski. They are also the only two books that have ever made me sob like a baby.
3) I am a huge music lover and listen to it any chance I get. If I can’t, I’m singing in my head. I also get really nervous if I try to drive without the radio on and find it impossible to listen to Outkast without shaking it like a Polaroid picture.
4) Ever since I had an accident in one on my twelfth birthday, I’ve been terrified of go-carts.
5) I don’t know how to roller skate and I can’t do a cartwheel. However I can air guitar like nobody’s business.
6) I love tattoos and have ten of them.
7) My favorite color is hot pink. I wear at least one hot pink thing every day.
8) My favorite singer ever is Freddie Mercury and I celebrate his birthday every year. I make a cake, watch (and sing along to) at least one Queen concert, wear moustache earrings and a Betty Boop shirt. Sometimes I even wear a cape. Yes, you read that right. I have a cape and it’s awesome.
9) I love to use swear words.
10) When I was fifteen, I had a dream about my wedding day. In the dream I married someone I didn’t know at the time. When I was twenty one, I met him while I was on vacation. He’s now my husband.
Kate’s Top Ten Reads
1) The Color Purple by Alice Walker
2) The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski
3 ) Real by Katie Evans
4) This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
5) Naked by Raine Miller
6) Protect Me by Jennifer Culbreth
7) In Flight by R. K. Lilley
8) Never Have I Ever by August Clearwing
9) Pulse by Gail McHugh
10) Misjudged by Sarah Elizabeth
Kate’s Top 10 Book Boyfriends
1) Andrew Parrish- The Edge of Never by J. A. Redmerski
2) Remington Tate- Real by Katy Evans
3) Jesse Ward- This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
4) Ethan Blackstone- The Blackstone Affair by Raine Miller
5) Noah Wellington– Never Have I Ever by August Clearwing
6) James Cavendish- In Flight by R. K. Lilley
7) Gavin Blake- Pulse by Gail McHugh
8) Travis Maddox- Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
9) Kellan Kyle- Thoughtless by S. C. Stevens
10) Jude Ryder- Nicole Williams
Playlist for The Promise by Kate Benson
Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
Skinny Love by Birdy
If I Was Your Woman/Walk On By by Alicia Keys
Brass Monkey by The Beastie Boys
So What? By P!NK
Just Got Started Lovin’ You by James Otto
Bust a Move by Young MC
Drift Away by Dobie Gray
Islands in the Stream by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
Real Love by John Lennon
Animal by Neon Trees
Everybody Talks by Neon Trees
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Lovesong by Adele
Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran
Sail by AwolNation
#Beautiful by Mariah Carey featuring Miguel
Don’t You Want It by The White Buffalo
S&M by Rihanna
Pussy is Mine by Miguel
Bad Things by Jace Everett
Lithium by Nirvana
I Wanna Hold Your Hand by The Beatles
The One That Got Away (Acoustic) by Katy Perry
Oh! Darling by The Beatles
Sweet Pea by Amos Lee
When You Say Nothing At All by Keith Whitley
Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Bloodstream by Stateless
Thrift Shop by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis featuring Wanz
I’ve Been Loving You Too Long by Otis Redding
Rumor Has It by Adele
I Want You by Kings of Leon
Wicked GamesThe Weeknd
Party Like a Rockstar by Shop Boyz
True Blue by Madonna
Girl of my Dreams by Etta James
Gorilla by Bruno Mars
Howl by Beware of Darkness
You Can’t Always Get What You Want by The Rolling Stones
Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler
I Walk the Line by Johnny Cash
Your Side of the Bed by Little Big Town
Please Don’t Leave Me by P!NK